Guest authors on WorkHappy.netFebruary 24, 2012
First, let me thank you for your interest in contributing to WorkHappy.net.
I'm looking for contributors who fit one of these categories:
- You're an internet entrepreneur. That is, you've launched something. You should have some insight to offer - "from the trenches" of entrepreneurship. It will probably be something pithy, concise, and thought-provoking drawn from your own experience. Bonus if you're a bootstrapper.
- You're an experienced expert in an area of great interest to entrepreneurs. You've done more than "hang your shingle," you've had real world experiences and success. You should probably be an entrepreneur or business owner yourself. You should be able to provide actionable advice related to your area of expertise. "5 steps to do X," "How to avoid Y," "how I did Z, and how you can too." Of particular interest to entrepreneurs are these topics: marketing, sales, launching, founding, motivation, time/resource management, hiring, shortcuts, clever ideas.
- You can do a high quality review of a truly killer resource without an ulterior motive. It need not be lengthy, but it should be thoughtful and well-written with an eye toward this audience. The resource should be very narrowly focused on internet entrepreneurs.
If you don't fall into one of those two areas, we're probably not a fit.
When you write, please provide the following:
- Your background (which one of the above categories describes you).
- An example headline or topic you'd like to cover.
- Link(s) to some of your other writing.
When writing a guest post, of course I'm happy to link back to you, and will ask you for a blurb to plug you and your business or whatever you'd like (at my discretion).
Occasionally, I will be interested in insight, ideas, or help with a post (either to help me write one, or to solicit you to write one). If you'd be interested in being notified when those occasions arise, please enter your email address below and I'll put you on my list to be notified when that happens.
Things you should know:
I'm not interested in posts designed to boost my or your SEO. I'm interested in compelling content that is useful to entrepreneurs. If you're able to deliver that, the rest will follow. I'm partial to cogent, well written posts with actionable advice.